Saturday, December 21, 2013

Quilted Top and a Few in Progress

Patty at A Stitch in Time blog
has posted pictures of her finished
Grandmother's Choice quilt

She's calling it New Jersey where her grandmothers lived. She used 36 blocks.

She's had it quilted in a fan pattern which
looks very Modern/Art Deco (another one of those
old-fashioned/modern paradoxes)
Her color scheme and white set and border
add to that up-to-date feel.
See her blog post here:
http://ncweekendquilter.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-jersey-all-quilted.html

And a few more finished tops and tops on the design wall:

ColvinKiwi's in Kiwi green and suffragette violet

Variations on the red and white quilt

Color by RUTIGT

More color by Valerie the Morgan Girl

MooseBayMuses in setting hers as a medallion.
It is going to be big.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! They all look fabulous! Amazing how each one is different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Moose Bay Muses quilt is going to be big--I took it to my sewing group for some input and it was decided I needed to add a few borders--yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each color combination makes the quilt look so different. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to show what others have done. I need to post mine. I did get one of the three I made quilted. Seeing the Grandmother's fan used, may get me moving to the quilting part. Ready for next year. Will there be another Block Of the Week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next year I do plan to do another block of the week, starting in the spring. I'll keep you posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for including my red and white top. I plan on finishing the quilt soon!
    http://doucepoints.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your post and visit your blog again. You are doing great job..Christian Women dating

    ReplyDelete